We love peanut butter around here and we love smoothies. So when I saw the idea to combine the two, I couldn’t pass up the experiment. For reals, it has been amazing ever since! Thanks to my Women’s Health Magazine for the inspiration, the peanut butter oatmeal smoothie is alive and being healthily consumed.
Green smoothies are good for you and we all know it. Kale, carrots, oranges, ginger, spinach, etc in them make them the drinkable salad bar that we love. Berry banana smoothies are delicious too. But sometimes it’s fun to get your fiber and protein in a sweeter, but still healthy for you form. Combining nutty peanut butter and oatmeal along with some almond milk will definitely give you that.
If Tyler could have his way, I’d make him one of these every day.
Some pointers to make this smoothie a success:
1) I have found that quick oats sit a little easier on my stomach, but either regular or quick oats will work.
2) If you are looking to cut out calories from this smoothie, I have substituted all the almond milk with water and it still tastes amazing.
3) This is really best really cold. Make sure to add more ice if needed.
4) Depending on your blender, you might have to add more liquid. High powered versus regular blenders definitely work different but both get the job done!
Just writing about this makes me excited to make another one. Banana and peanut butter, bulked by oatmeal and chia seeds. Seriously, it’s so good.
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick or regular)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 cup soy or almond milk (or 1 cup water**)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix everything in your blender. Drink and enjoy your morning.
- **If you're looking to cut some of the calories of the drink, use water in place of the milk. I have made it this way many times and it's still amazing.