First off, this isn’t my recipe. But it was dang good!
My go-to cookie recipe has been walnut based, but I think I’m slightly allergic to consuming that many walnuts, so this is a great alternative. And I like the flavor better anyway. I think the kids still like the walnut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies better, but I’m 100% sold on these.
Tyler redeemed a Father’s Day coupon on Sunday for my 7-year-old to make cookies. I figured it was a great time to branch out to find something new. This recipe comes from Maria and Josh of two peas & their pod. I followed the recipe straight up and am excited to experiment with making different versions with the same base.
Awesome recipe from Maria and Josh of http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/gluten-free-vegan-banana-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/. Favorite healthy cookie recipe to date!
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, slightly warmed, but not melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (I used 1 Tbsp regular white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used non-vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Stir in the peanut butter, coconut oil, agave, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Also good straight from the freezer!
On top of eating delicious cookies today (and maybe tomorrow too), do you know who Zuzana is? You need to. I found her amazing 600 rep fat burner workout and have done it several times…the last time I did, I finally did all the reps. Huge accomplishment. If you’re skeptical at all, try it, for real. She’s amazing.
So…she’s no longer on bodyrock.tv, instead she’s started her own fitness site: Zuzka Light. I just found this yesterday and am sore today!
I did #69 and #70 of her workouts. I really like what she does, using mostly your own body weight in genius ways. Do these workouts and let me know what you think!